Introducing the “Healthy Homes in Hutchinson” informational series!
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) created the Office of Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control, which provides information for making your home a healthier and safer place to live.
In the following months, the Hutchinson HRA will present the HUD Healthy Homes series to help Hutchinson residents take effective steps for a “Healthy Home”. The City of Hutchinson Home Improvement Grant Program may be used for needed repairs. Go to https://www.hutchinsonhra.com/home-improvements/ for more information on the programs available to help you.
Start with “Everyone Deserves a Safe and Healthy Home” https://www.hud.gov/sites/dfiles/HH/documents/SAFEANDHEALTHYHOME.PDF
Followed with “The Eight Principles of a Healthy Home” https://www.hud.gov/sites/dfiles/HH/documents/8-Principles-Healthy-Home.pdf
Lastly, Download the Healthy Homes Basics App to:
- Connect to resources you need
- Take quizzes to test your awareness
- Check each room in your house
Download the app to learn more at: https://itunes.apple.com or https://play.google.com/store
In the following months Hutchinson HRA will be sharing information on:
- Healthy Homes Maintenance Checklist
- Mold and Moisture Control
- Asthma and Allergies
- Home Safety and Carbon Monoxide
- Lead Hazards
- HUD’s OFFICE OF LEAD HAZARD CONTROL AND HEALTHY HOMES (OLHCHH) webpage https://www.hud.gov/healthyhomes & Outreach & Publications: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/healthy_homes/outreach_materials_publications
- HUD’s Healthy Homes for Healthy Families webpage: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/healthy_homes/healthyhomes
City Center, 111 Hassan Street SE, Hutchinson, MN 55350
(320) 234-4251● (320) 234-4240 Fax